Today I am participating in Blog Star over at Mrs. Monologues! I figured it was a good idea because there are quite a few new followers around TYD since 2012 began. I'm so glad to have all of you here! If you also participated in Blog Star, let me know and I'd love to check yours out!
|Me in high school, on a conference called Global Young Leaders Conference.|
This was my camp BFF. He's now hard core in the peace corps.
4. The name Three Years Down came from the fact that law school is three years. I started this blog in my last year. I thought (aka, really believed) that once I finished those three years, my life would REALLY start... I'm kind of still waiting.
5. Last week I wrote my 400th post. I thought about mentioning it, but it didn't make sense based on the topic of my post. Plus, I figured no one else cared but me, haha.
6. I love to read, but sometimes I get so busy that I just stop. I've now become pretty intentional about reading. I just wish I could remember what books I've read, to keep track of my 101 in 1001 list! The last book I read was Defending Jacob, and I LOVED it, despite a few totally improbable lawyer actions.
7. I left (what I call) a wannabe BIGLAW firm in a Big City, to move back the Small Town I clerked in, so that I could be with my Boyfriend.
8. It was fun making a lot of money, but it was miserable coming home to an empty (albeit gorgeous) apartment and feeling like my heart was 495 miles away.
9. I've learned that making lunches every day and being forced to watch episodes of Duck Dynasty on repeat IS more fun than buying a new pair of shoes or $100 sun glasses (that broke in my purse last week. agh!).
10. I don't really fit in in Small Town, but I just tell myself that my Big City clothes are stylish... and in about 5 years people here will start wearing them, too.
|Apparently this is inappropriate attire for hunting. Who knew?|
11. My focus in 2012 has really been finding my identity in Christ. If I had a handle on it I probably wouldn't have written #2 or #10. I am definitely still a work in progress in that regard.
Don't miss a post! Sign up for TYD via email